state of TWs

Subject: state of TWs
From: "Lurker writer" <lurker_writer -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:53:32 -0600

One thing we have to remember is that the stock market is NOT the economy. Not all the high tech sector is doing a nose dive, and other business sectors are suffering near the hits that high tech is. Where I work (central Texas), we have 2 open reqs for contractors (but a hiring freeze for full-time writers). The contractors on board now are very busy and letting any of them go would create a significant hardship on the already overloaded workflow.

Everyone is watching expenses and capital outlays, but I think the severity of the situation depends on the market niche within high tech, what part of the country you're in, the talent pool in your area, and how much cash your company has in the bank.

I.M. Writing

Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems Available 4/30/01 at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: