RE: OFF-TOPIC: resource for sayings

Subject: RE: OFF-TOPIC: resource for sayings
From: "Secara, Maggie" <MSecara -at- OMM -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:04:31 -0800

Sorry, Ira, but that isn't true. I'm sure you've heard it in more than one
place, but it still isn't true. (I knew eventually someone one would mention
this old lie.) This has never been an English law, and the phrase is several
hundred years older than the story that supposedly explains it. But don't
believe me. Look it up in one of the sources given yesterday.

Maggie Secara
~beating a hasty retreat