RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- systech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 07:32:01 -0800

I didn't think of this before I answered. I said one project at a time, but
I didn't define a project as a single manual. I maintain several manuals.
When it's time to update, the same changes usually need to be made in more
than one manual. Thus, I define updating the "manuals" as one project. As
opposed to another project which would be producing a new manual for a new
product.

I like/need variety, but prefer to define a project, start it, and finish it
without interrupting it for another project. I can concetrate and remember
the details better that way. And I hate having to put away all the source
materials (notes, scribbles from engineers, examples, printed pages, etc.)
for a project, knowing I am not done and will have to drag them all out
again. I hate when my desk gets such a mess that I can't find things. At
that point, I have to stop and organize.

Janet

Janet Valade
Technical Writer
Systech Corporation, San Diego, CA