RE: Burnout?

Subject: RE: Burnout?
From: "John Fleming" <johnf -at- ecn -dot- ab -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 09:57:58 -0700

> Subject: RE: Burnout?
> From: "Cook, Jenise" <jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com>
> Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:37:11 -0800

> <John Posada said:>
> I LOVE doing term papers when I take college courses...hmmm...maybe
> that's why I'm doing what I'm doing. :-)
> </John Posada>

> So did I! In fact, that was the part about college I loved the most.
Hmm,
> maybe that could be a "future indicator" for budding tech. writers?

Somehow, I often managed to put my term papers off as long as
possible. Maybe I just couldn't get into the latest term paper on
something out of something like Pride and Prejudice.

At the same time, looking back, there are a few I really enjoyed
doing, like the one on development of typefaces in England in the late
16th/early 17th centuries.

Of course, there was all kinds of non-school writing I used to do (and
still do), that would be a better indicator in my case. And back in
my engineering school days, on those rare occasions I did have some
spare time, I did slip into the library and read issues of IEEE
Transactions on Professional Communication.

--

John Fleming
Technical Writer