RE: Teleproductivity

Subject: RE: Teleproductivity
From: "John Fleming" <johnf -at- ecn -dot- ab -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:21:02 -0700

> -- $Subject: RE: Teleproductivity
> -- $From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
> -- $Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 07:00:53 -0800 (PST)

> -- $Doesn't anyone believe in the premise of working to make the
best
> -- $deliverable instead of only making sure that the employer isn't
being
> -- $cheated and to do only enough to make your conscious feel OK?

Makes sense to me, though I might want to insert the words "possible
under the circumstances" after the word deliverable.

Sometimes we are going to get hit with projects that, because of time
factors for example, are not going to allow us to produce the best
work we possibly could. The best we can do, then, is produce
something that is at least acceptable to the client.

But doing the best possible is important, I agree.

Some of the jobs I've picked up over the years came as referrals from
other jobs I've done for other people. If I hadn't given the other
people a deliverable that they felt was worth their money, they
wouldn't have suggested me.

--

John Fleming
Technical Writer