RE: Tools: Word98 and the unpredictable Command key: an update

Subject: RE: Tools: Word98 and the unpredictable Command key: an update
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:41:45 -0500

Tom Murrell wonders if I've <<... experimented with the keyboard response
settings available in the Control Panel of the Mac. There are settings to
make the keyboard more responsive, that is read more quickly by the Mac. I
don't know if that will help on pre-G3 Macs, but I thought I'd mention it as
another possibility.>>

Thanks for the suggestion. I've already got the keyboard controls set to
maximum sensitivity (minimum delay time, maximum repeat rate), and the
Command keys (both of them) work fine everywhere except in Word's Search and
Replace dialog box.

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca
"User's advocate" online monthly at

"Technical writing... requires understanding the audience, understanding
what activities the user wants to accomplish, and translating the often
idiosyncratic and unplanned design into something that appears to make
sense."--Donald Norman, The Invisible Computer