Re: Tools: Word98 and the unpredictable Command key: an update

Subject: Re: Tools: Word98 and the unpredictable Command key: an update
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 06:28:41 -0800 (PST)

--- "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA> wrote:
> A while back, I reported that some users of Word98 on the Mac were having
> problems with cut and paste, such that they were unable to select text, copy
> it, and paste it (Command-V) into the search and replace dialog box.

[SNIP]

> Further experimentation revealed that _both_ Command keys will work--but
> only if you hold the Command key and the other key (e.g., V to insert copied
> text) down for longer than you'd ordinarily do. Less than a second,
> certainly, but longer than the lightning-quick press and release many of us
> have grown accustomed to.

Geoff, I wonder if you've experimented with the keyboard response settings
available in the Control Panel of the Mac. There are settings to make the
keyboard more responsive, that is read more quickly by the Mac. I don't know if
that will help on pre-G3 Macs, but I thought I'd mention it as another possibility.

=====
Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems