RE: 8 Hour Day/40 Hour Week (Was Teleproductivity)

Subject: RE: 8 Hour Day/40 Hour Week (Was Teleproductivity)
From: "Le Vie, DonaldX S" <donaldx -dot- s -dot- le -dot- vie -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:08:52 -0800

David said;

>>In this model justification for working at home needs to focus on the
benefits to both
employer and employee equally.<<

Let me clarify my previous post...If I'm going to justify to my boss why I
want/need to work at home, I'm going to stress the benefits--real and
perceived--to him, my department, and the company. I have a better chance of
being able to telecommute with this reasoning than saying/adding "Well, I'll
have more time to read the paper, finish painting the house, play with my
kids...and I can watch Oprah in the afternoon now."

Yes, the model needs to be balanced...I don't disagree. But since you
already know how you're going to benefit from working at home, those
"unspoken" benefits don't need to be articulated to your boss.

Donn