Re: Wax paste-up, etc.

Subject: Re: Wax paste-up, etc.
From: Jacque Foreman <foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:35:22 -0800

We could ask for a show of hands for all those who also remember
technical pens -- especially 3x0 & 4x0, drafting linen, velum, fixatives
and mylar.

I still use technical pens and sometimes drafting linen. Have also
pundered if I'll be able to replace the drafting linen when and if I run
out.

And user "unfriendly" was definitely a way to describe the Itek
1201photo-typesetter I had that would gleefully lose files on disks by
bunging up the directory info. Two or three times a month my tech would
have to go in and rewrite and debug the codes on the disks so we could
print out the info. Those were the old 12-inch disks. They were better
than the audio tape we started with, however.

Yeah - I have to agree progress is NICE.

Happiness, joy & laughter.