RE: Using Word's Help

Subject: RE: Using Word's Help
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:31:07 -0600

Can you find and open the help files directly? Try looking in C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office (or wherever Office is installed on your
machine) for outlhlp.hlp, outltip.hlp, wdmain.hlp, and wdtip8.hlp. (There
are probably a few others that are relevant.)

At the least, if you have the help files on your computer you should be able
to access them in a pinch. If they're not there, copy them from a
co-worker's machine.

I'm grasping at straws here, but since it's obvious that a link is broken
somewhere, perhaps there's a key in the registry that helps Word and Outlook
locate these files. I might try doing a search of the registry for these
filenames, and if they turn up, make sure that the path is correct.

David Berg