Using Word's Help

Subject: Using Word's Help
From: "DeGuzman, Kathi" <Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:08:24 -0500

Hi guys. I posted this question to a list dedicated to Word questions and I
also checked this list's archives. As you probably can guess, I was unable
to find anyone who could help me with this problem. So, I'm asking you all
for help. Here is my problem:
I have installed Windows 98, Office 2000, MS Word 2000. When I use Word or
Outlook and I want to find help for something that I am doing in Word (for
example), I click Help>Microsoft Word Help (F1). If my assistant is turned
on, he pops up, I ask a question, he gives me a list of possible answers.
(Great so far...) However, when I try to click and open one of the answers
(or if my assistant is turned off and I just select the Help from the main
menu) I get nothing. My cursor changes to the hourglass momentarily and then
goes back to being an arrow. Obviously something is wrong here.
Now before you answer, here is a list of things that I have done to try and
fix the problem:
1. Ran Help>Detect and Repair (actually did it two different times)
2. Reinstalled Word.
3. Reinstalled the entire Office CD.
4. Reinstalled Word again.

SO, please don't tell me to try and reinstall anything. I've tried it and it
don't work.
But, if you can, PLEASE!!!! tell me what the problem is and how I can fix
it, I would be ever so greatful!
Thanks in advance.
If you think that this is the kind of thing no one else on the list would
be interested in, please respond offline. If there is enough interest, I'll
post a summary.
Thanks again.

Kathi Jan DeGuzman
Senior Technical Writer
Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- nextel -dot- com
"Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like no one is listening,
Live like it's heaven on earth. ~ William Purkey ~