RE: Advanced FrameMaker classes

Subject: RE: Advanced FrameMaker classes
From: Linda Hughes <lhughes -at- novametrix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:53:56 -0500

Hello whirlers:

I've finally talked my boss into springing for an Advanced FrameMaker class.
A search of the Techwr-l Archives yielded web addresses for a half dozen
schools that teach it, though only two were in the Connecticut area.

That said, I really liked the curriculum offered at Pubsnet, Inc. in
Tyngsboro, MA (Boston area). They had a realistic syllabus for a 2-day class
(some schools were, IMO, simply providing a "brain dump" of topics, no
matter what you want, it's in there). Integrated Technogies in East
Providence, Rhode Island looked good also.

Two questions:

1. Has anyone out there taken classes from Pubsnet or InTech, and would you
recommend them?

2. Can anyone recommend other Advanced FrameMaker classes in the Boston to
NYC corridor? Unfortunately, I'm a class of one, so in-house training, etc.
are not an option.

TIA,

Linda Hughes
Technical Writer