RE: Beginning as a Tech Writer in Telecommunications

Subject: RE: Beginning as a Tech Writer in Telecommunications
From: train2 -at- sprynet -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:35:39 -0500

I have recently started my career as a tech writer working for a telecom company. As has been said, this industry is vast - my compnay offers broadband access and services to multi-tenant buildings (to put it in a nutshell).
>From my limited experience, I have found "Newton's Telecom Dictionary" to be the bible.
Also, read every service description about the companies products, including their competitors - this info will be invaluable.
The marketing people at the company will help here.
Your best friends should be the engineers, though, they can tell you how it all really works without the fluff.