More than7 external .CNTs in a help project

Subject: More than7 external .CNTs in a help project
From: josborn -at- ESPS -dot- COM
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 5:59:56

Our help projects are modular and, therefore, the contents contain many
external .CNTs. We recently ran into a problem running our WinHelp projects
in Windows 2000. After several rounds of trial and error support from
eHelp, they finally determined that help projects can only have 7 external
.CNTs in the contents when running Windows 2000. More than that causes the
project to fail. Our projects work just fine in Windows 95, 98 and NT. Has
anyone ever experienced this problem and, if so, are there any solutions or
work-arounds?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jim Osborn
Senior Technical Writer