Word and the amazing vanishing pictures...

Subject: Word and the amazing vanishing pictures...
From: Robert -dot- Partridge -at- MONDEX -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:14:42 -0000

Hi all,

I'm having major problems with a doc I've inherited. I need to update this
Word doc making minor corrections to the text. Having done so, I saved the
doc to a new filename and hoped that my work was done.

Alas no. I was told that all the diagrams (which had been imported directly
into Word from System Architect and were vector graphics) had been reduced
in size. They are all there, just shrunk to about an inch square.
Consequently, the diagrams were useless.

I did notice that I didn't have access the template on which the doc is
based, but having corrected that, I still get the same problem. Am I going
mad??? Can anyone think why pictures would change in this way upon saving
the document?

In desparation,

Rob

Robert Partridge
Technical Author

Tel: +44 (0)20 7557 5098
Fax: +44 (0)20 7557 5298
Email: robert -dot- partridge -at- mondex -dot- com

The information in this Email and any attached files are confidential,
may also be privileged, and is intended solely for the addressee.
Access, copying, dissemination, distribution or re-use of the information
in this Email and any attached files by anyone else is unauthorised.
necessarily represent those of Mondex International Limited or any of its
affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient, all copies of the Email
and associated files in your possession should be destroyed.

Mondex International Limited
47-53 Cannon Street
London EC4M 5SH
United Kingdom