RE: They don't need our stinkin' manuals?

Subject: RE: They don't need our stinkin' manuals?
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 15:39:25 -0500

As I noted the last time this topic came up, I think that a lot of us got into tech writing precisely because we are watch-and-do learners rather than read-and-follow learners. We enjoy figuring it out and explaining it to others, but it in no way follows that we enjoy reading and following directions written by someone else.

"DeGuzman, Kathi" wrote:

>Jo wrote: "It's ironic that so many of us who write instructions for a
>living rebel at reading directions ourselves ...."
>
>It sure is ironic. Your post made me realize that even when I cook I can't
>stand to follow directions.

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.