Chinese characters problem in RoboHelp doc viewed in IEv5.5

Subject: Chinese characters problem in RoboHelp doc viewed in IEv5.5
From: Joe Campo <jcampo -at- solidworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:50:40 -0500

Can someone help with this problem?

In our Chinese RoboHelp html, we added a Related Topics button that
reads "Related Topics" in Chinese characters.
RoboHelp html correctly displays this button in the html file.

However, when we view this file in IE v5.5, the button displays as
"???????" The fonts are set to Chinese fonts. When you click this button, a
popup menu
appears listing hyperlink topics, and those are correctly displayed
using Chinese characters.
What is additionally funny is that if we change the font set to
English in IE, the html text in the file turns to garbage, but then the
words "Related Topics" correctly display as Chinese character on the button.

We tried adding <p lang="zh"> to the code for the Related Topics
button, but this did not fix the problem.

Do you have any ideas on how we can fix this problem?
Thanks for your help.

Joseph Campo
Technical Writer
SolidWorks Corporation