Re: Web publication rights - results

Subject: Re: Web publication rights - results
From: sinico -at- nbnet -dot- nb -dot- ca (H.Durstling)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:33:11 -0400

Hi folks,

Seasonal greetings and thanks to all who responded to my question what
might be a reasonable price to ask for web publication of a one page map +
sketch + text document.

In summary, there were six responses. The prices suggested ranged from
about half the price for single use print rights to four or five times
that, (because on the web the document would be accessible to vastly more
people).

A number of persons also suggested that pay-per-view or per download
arrangements were becoming increasingly common. This intrigues me because,
as a freelance writer, I have no problem supplying content. The mystery is
how to get paid for it.

In the upshot I decided to go with $200 CDN each. I'll let you know if the
client swallows it.

Cheers & thanks
Hans Durstling
Moncton, Canada