Re: Toys for Techies - combo PDA/cell phone

Subject: Re: Toys for Techies - combo PDA/cell phone
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:39:47 +1000

Thus giving more evidence for the argument that web sites *must* degrade gracefully from the graphic-intensive, three-column layout so common today, so they can be readable and usable on a tiny screen -- at least if it's a business site. We writers generally know this, but a lot of designers (or the people commissioning them) apparently don't.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/

At 01:41 PM 19/12/00 -0800, Marilynne Smith wrote:

Check it out at
http://www.kyocera.com/News/displaypress.cfm?PressID=95

Marilynne

At 02:24 PM 12/19/00 -0600, Tracy Boyington wrote:
I remember someone was asking about this not long ago... received this from igo.com :

What's Out: Juggling your cell phone and PDA
What's in for 2001: One device that does it all
The trend toward cell phone/PDA hybrids began to surface this year, but 2001 promises to be the "smart phone" year. Late last month, Kyocera introduced its innovative Smartphone, which builds on today's web-enabled phones to combine a built-in web browser with the latest Palm platform with feature-rich phone functions.