Re: Proposal writers

Subject: Re: Proposal writers
From: Eric Ray <ericjray -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:45:56 -0800 (PST)

--- John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> I'd want to be able to discuss all aspects of that
> type of writing
> without having to get into a discussion of whether
> or not writing to
> convince is not "wrong".

Aha! But all we do is writing to convince. There's
a substantial persuasive component in all technical
communication. For example, we attempt to persuade
readers not to put their hands under the cowling
of an operating lawn mower, or that the design of
the software really is logical and not as random
as it appears, or, at the basics, that our
documentation is credible enough to be followed.

Writing to convince _is_ technical communication.

Eric

http://shopping.yahoo.com/