Real Quandary

Subject: Real Quandary
From: Cecilia St.John <tecwright -at- netscape -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 20 Dec 00 10:45:45 EST

1. Got the increase in salary I wanted when I started my present job.
2. Enjoy the work most of the time.
3. Doing my own work (editing) and in the process doing the work of the
writers (information design, organization, and the _writing_ itself, often).
4. Told the recruiter at the agency in my third week that I was unsure that I
wanted to stay. Was told that I needed to stay at least six months.
5. Unsure about making a move because of the incompetence of my colleagues.
Hate saying they're incompetent, but I'm in a quandary and my motive is to
figure out the best solution.

Do I use other agencies to help me find another job? Wait six months? Sneak
around on my own? Talk to my boss's boss? Talk to Human Resources?

Any ideas or other thoughts are appreciated.

Cecilia St. John