Re: The Problem with STC

Subject: Re: The Problem with STC
From: "Donn S Le Vie, Jr." <dlevie -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:22:54 -0600

I am of the opinion that you add value to the overall organization by being
well-versed and knowledgeable in the products and services you document. You
don't have to be an SME, but (depending on the industry) if you don't
develop some knowledge about the product, the industry, the customers, etc.,
then in the eyes of the people who pull the purse strings, you are little
more than a glorified comma inserter. I've experienced it at a previous
employer...when layoffs came about, the writers who were let go were the
ones who didn't have strong product knowledge.

Donn Le Vie