Re: STC or STC# ?

Subject: Re: STC or STC# ?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 10:58:28 -0800

Sarah Bane wrote:

> I've been debating whether to join STC, as the nearest chapter meets
> about an hour's drive from where I work (and nearly an hour and a half
> from my home) and neither of my employers will pay for the membership.
> Now I know the answer: in order to achieve success, I should join and
> then withdraw. :~)

Now, now, I warned you against trying this at home :-)

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

'And do you mean to say that you've built up this important business
and amassed a fortune of thirty thousand pounds without being able
to read or write? Good God, man, what would you be now if you had
been able to?'

"'I can tell you that, sir,' said Mr. Foreman, a little smile on his
still aristocratic features. 'I'd be verger of St. Peter's, Neville
Square.'"

- Somerset Maugham, "The Verger"