RE: Designing a Very Specific Web Interface

Subject: RE: Designing a Very Specific Web Interface
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:52:06 -0800

If you go to www.devshed.com you will find some tutorials on designing web
sites that store the information in a relational database - MySQL, Oracle,
DB2, MS-SQL, etc. - and controling the retrieval of information using a
scripting language such as php, perl, python, etc. (Maybe ASP will work with
MS-SQL. I know VB6 does.)

IIRC, there was a series a few months back detailing the use of php and
mySQL, both are open source, therefore a popular combo.

They are pretty basic, but have enough info that most web designers can
figure out how to get a functional site put together.

IBM has some tools available that are supposed to do the same thing using
WebSphere(?) and DB2. Check the IDM developer series.

John Gilger
Techical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.
702.914.5585