Re: Passing the Flame

Subject: Re: Passing the Flame
From: "Jane Bergen" <jane -dot- bergen -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:14:02 -0600

Yes, I have and it's very helpful to both the new person, obviously, but
also to you (keep a copy) to help you get on paper all your job
responsibilities. One thing I would add to your list is a procedures list
for starting and ending a project. In the one I wrote, I explained how to
wrap up a project, archive it, where to store it, what to put in the
archive, etc. I also included a corporate style guide that I had started
(corporate style guides are never "finished" anyway).

It was a lot of work, and I started it for my own sanity as a lone
writer....but it came in handy when I did decide to move on. The new
person should have been able to read it and pick right up where I left
off.

Jane