Re: Interviewing Questions

Subject: Re: Interviewing Questions
From: Sandy Harris <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 17:30:34 -0500

michqaelangelo jenkins wrote:

> I need suggestions on the top 10 questions that one
> would pose to a development team in an efort to
> document multiple interfacing systems.

1) Where is the protocol specification that documents how these
systems interact?
2) Are there other documents, like a design requirements
doc, that are relevant.
3) Is the spec. up to date?
4) Have the customers (or internal users, or marketing dept.)
signed off, agreeing that the spec is what they want?
5) Who else has reviewed the spec.?
6) Are the implementers happy with the spec, confident they
can build to it?
7) Does the implementation match the spec.?
8) How are you testing that?

Methinks the other two relate to that spec as well, but I
cannot think of them offhand.

If (as is all too common) no spec exists, methinks that
needs to be the first doc written.