RE: question on removing the teacher/trainer

Subject: RE: question on removing the teacher/trainer
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:54:03 -0600

Another reason to keep the lessons short is that the students are likely to
have a higher boredom rate than they would with human interaction.

I have taken many CBT classes (from SmartForce) over the past couple years,
and the first thing I always do after opening a CBT is see how many screens
each lesson has. Then I decide if I'm have the time and patience to finish
them in one sitting. If not, I might look at another class or just do
something else entirely.

On the other hand, don't make them so short that it's not worth taking.
I've done a few lessons at the Barnes & Noble University web site and felt
that they were too simplistic and too shallow. That opinion was, however,
formed after looking at only 2 or 3 classes there so the others may be
better. I do plan to try some more to see.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230