Answer: how to screen capture a tool tip (thanks all)

Subject: Answer: how to screen capture a tool tip (thanks all)
From: "Genevieve W. Burt" <gburt -at- escreen -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:54:09 -0600

Well, the listers are quick with answers today! I got two suggestions:

Using Snag IT (v5):
In Input>Properties, select "Active Region"
In Input>Properties>Menu Tab, select "Capture Cascaded Menus"
<THEN>
In Program Prefs>Program Options, select the "use tray icon" setting.

Setting these things allowed me to finally able to get a screen capture of
my tool tip in the IE 5.0 browser. I was actually able to get the capture to
work without the "Cascaded Menus" option. It seems to be the "Active
Region" and "use tray icon" combo that really makes the difference.

Using Paint Shop Pro:
1. From the Capture menu, choose Setup.
2. Under Capture, select Full Screen.
3. Under Activate capture using, select Delay Timer and set the time to
about 4 seconds.
4. Under Options, select the Include cursor check box.
5. Click Capture Now.
6. Navigate to get the "hover help" display, and then leave your pointer
there for 4 seconds until Paint Shop Pro captures the full screen.
7. You can then edit the image in PSP to just display the portion of the
screen you want for your illustration.

Thanks again,
--Genevieve

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230