RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Roth, Ronica" <Ronica -dot- Roth -at- 247media -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:00:28 -0700

My answer would be maybe a coupla months, maybe another year....

As some have said, it depends on stability here. Right now my group remains
well-supported and important, given the company's focus. We'll see whether
that remains. Mergers and purchases change things. I just made it through
two merger-related re-orgs. So that's good.

That said, my personal situation may keep me here longer than might
otherwise be the case. Even as management sometimes feels like chaos around
me, and decisions made by The Powers That Be frustrate me, I personally am
in an excellent position. We've created a new group (several months ago) of
tech writers and business analysts. Development in our area is implementing
UML-based, JAD-related methodology which makes for exciting role for
documentor. I am being given opportunity to pursue
requirements-management-type training, which I'm enjoying. For this small
group and for new knowledge/opportunities, I'll suffer plenty of chaos.

Ronica Roth
Denver, Colorado

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230