Question about questions

Subject: Question about questions
From: Krunchik -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 01:27:40 EST

Is it common to post those annoying little editing questions, like "Is
'groundwater' usually one word or two words?" or "How do you hyphenate 'well
to moderately well drained soils'?

These kind of questions pop up all the time, and, as a new editor for an
environmental engineering firm, I've been winging the answers up to this
point. I did notice today, my first day with Techwhirl, that several posts
referred to the "deterioration of list content." That's why I'm wondering
whether technical editing questions are typical in these postings.

Thanks.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230