RE: ADMIN: FYI

Subject: RE: ADMIN: FYI
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:22:18 -0500

On 11/15/00 10:59 PM, David Demyan (dbdemyan -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net) wrote:

>As a recruiter, I **always** check postings and archives when hiring.
>On the assumption that the rude ones would give my clients a hard time,
>I don't consider them.

Ruling out candidates because they're rude is like keeping an excellent
doctor away from your tumor because of his lousy bedside manner. A good
writing candidate is good for reasons other than personality. I have
encountered many very nice, polite people who were lousy technical
writers. Great people to have lunch with, though.

If you actually have clients who say "give me a writer who may suck, but
won't give me a hard time," go ahead and do what you **always** do... but
the ones who ask for quality writers may feel slighted that you omitted
the rude ones.

----->Mike

stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com -- AOL and AOL Instant Messenger:MStockman

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230