Re: skin and bones

Subject: Re: skin and bones
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:21:47 -0600

When you get complaints from customers, that's where you draw the line. You and I may think it's ridiculous to reject useful, descriptive, commonly-used terms, but if you and I are not the customers or audience, our opinion doesn't mean diddly.

Tracy

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okvotech.org/cimc

>>> Bill Swallow bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com> 11/15/00 09:50PM >>

As we've seen on this list,
there are some folks who take offense to some things
quite easily. Where do we draw the line (in everything
we do)?

I consulted for a company that refrained from using
the terms "male" and "female" when describing
installation and configuration procedures for hardware
and appliances ("insert the male end of the connector
into the female end" type of stuff). Evidently they
got some complaints over the years for 'sexual
undertones'.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230