RE: Displays versus Appears-Which One?

Subject: RE: Displays versus Appears-Which One?
From: Auri Poso <auri -dot- poso -at- ztango -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:09:48 +0200

I also don't like 'appear' for this very reason. This would indicate
that the box did not exist previously in any way and was only now
created magically. 'Is displayed' more accurately describes what is
going on. (And please, no quibbles about active dialog boxes in
Windows : )

I've been taught that windows "open". Therefore, my version would read
thus:

For Dummies -
1. Click [whatever].
The [some] window opens.