RE: Are Zip drives obsolete?

Subject: RE: Are Zip drives obsolete?
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:22:20 -0600

This can be software dependent. I have an 8x burner, but the program that
came with it first reads all the data to (apparently) generate checksums for
every file, burns the disk, then validates the files. The actual time to
complete with this program depends upon how many files I'm putting on a
disk. Usually, however, it takes about 15 minutes. Since, however, my
previous (2x) burner was extremely unreliable, I am happy for the validation
process.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230