RE: PDF Embedded in Word as Icon?

Subject: RE: PDF Embedded in Word as Icon?
From: Stephanie Chambers <stephanie -at- storerunner -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:13:05 -0800

Kevin,

Either way, I suspect your co-worker's recipient would still require Adobe
Acrobat. While -- yes -- the .pdf document can be embedded as an icon,
exactly as you described, I suspect that the recipient would receive an
error if they did not have Adobe Acrobat. So, I think your co-worker should
understand that either approach he takes, some people without Adobe readers
would not have access to either all or part of the info he is trying to
share.

Since it sounds to me like Word is more widely used by his audience than
Adobe is, why not distribute both in Word format? He could copy the .pdf to
the clipboard, paste it into Word, clean up the styles, then save it as his
own document. To fulfill his need for a single distribution file: he can
distribute the main .doc, with the converted background .doc embedded.

To copy a .pdf file to the windows clipboard:

1.) Start Adobe Acrobat
2.) Open the .pdf document
2.) Choose Edit>Copy File to Clipboard

To anticipate a possible answer to my own question, if he does not have the
.pdf file saved locally, then he can't do this. You say he doesn't have the
source file, but you also suggested to him that he "then combine the two
PDFs in Acrobat". This implies that he does have a local copy of the file.
Besides, if he only has this document from a "foreign" source, then perhaps
a hyperlink or reference/citation would be most appropriate.

stephanie -at- storerunner -dot- com

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230