RE: ballot usability--right-handedness

Subject: RE: ballot usability--right-handedness
From: "Susan Ahrenhold" <sahrenhold -at- winspc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:19:08 -0500

Ergonomics aren't only a reading thing.

In my voting booth, the pen was tied so tight to the right side of the booth
that I couldn't hold it in my left hand and read the ballot. Not only did I
have to ask three people before I got a new pen, I mismarked one of the
items that I had marked while trying to write on the booth wall.

The little old ladies regarded me as a terrible pain, but, darn it, I had
stood in line for over an hour for the privilege.

Actually, the thing I love about living in this country is that, even if
half of us are dissatisfied with the outcome of the vote (actually, it's
more like -- 25% oh, was there an election this week, 25% Bush, 25% Gore,
and 25% none o'them guys represent me anyway), no one is going to get a tank
and try to tell the rest of us how to live.

And, as the wife, daughter, and granddaughter of veterans of the last three
wars, we've gone through hell to earn it. Remember the Veterans at 11 AM
tomorrow.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230