RE: a question about "atmospheric" benefits

Subject: RE: a question about "atmospheric" benefits
From: Darriel Dawne <ddawne -at- infowave -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:12:17 -0800

> free lunch every other week
This is maybe $30 total perk a month. I rather buy my own.

> free coffee, tea, and cocoa
Never worked anywhere that didn't have this, or provided it very
inexpensively.

> flexible work hours
In software this is pretty much a given.

> occasional telecommuting acceptable (once a week is the standard)

Nice to have, but if I came across a job that paid 'in the thousands' more,
I'd go to the office.
> casual dress
In software this is a given. If my boss told me not wearing a suit to work
was a perk with a monetary value attached to it, I'd laugh.

> a standard 40-hour week
Hmmm, a tough one. This would make me think twice. But if you told me this
in an interview, I might not believe you. Most places SAY this, then expect
OT in the crunch. Which I don't mind doing. Work hard, get the job done and
all that.

Benefits that speak loudly to me are:
Stock/share purchase plans
performance bonuses
gym memberships etc. (my company pays half of any exercise related
activity) these types of things show me the company cares about me and my
financial physical well being. If what I do helps the company to succeed,
then I succeed as well.

Good luck in your meeting.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230