Re: a question about "atmospheric" benefits

Subject: Re: a question about "atmospheric" benefits
From: "Jane Bergen" <jane -dot- bergen -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:30:01 -0600

Typical...employers throw a few crumbs and expect us to lap them up. The
benefits you list, with the exception of the free lunch and telecommuting,
are standard fare for most software companies. Now if "real" telecommuting
was an option, that might make a difference, but casual dress and flex
time is the STANDARD, not a fringe anymore. Even stuffy companies like EDS
have relaxed their rules on those things. Free coffee, tea, and cocoa
might add up to $2.00 per day if you're a heavy imbiber.

Jane Bergen