Re: giving writing advice

Subject: Re: giving writing advice
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:34:22 -0600

This is where youth comes in. I may well become a jaded old woman, but since I'm
still pretty young and have plenty of time to give, I do that. I read an Alice
Walker book once that made me rethink my purpose in life, and I have to admit I
was one arrogant nasty person in my 20's, which comes from boarding school
education, being very pretty, and from an affluent family, not to mention
smart---but I wasn't very nice, and I realized that being nice emcompasses
helping others, and that being nice ("being kind" to quote Holy Smoke) is what
it's all about----and sure I've been taken advantage of, hurt, stamped on,
squashed, maligned, and devastated, but I still continue to help others. And no,
I don't like that feeling, but if you lower your expectations and just give then
you get hurt a lot less.

Michele

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230