RE: Trn'g Guides/Manuals vs User Guides/Man'ls

Subject: RE: Trn'g Guides/Manuals vs User Guides/Man'ls
From: "Santacroce, Marc" <Marc -dot- Santacroce -at- kla-tencor -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:52:16 -0800

Maybe I don't understand your question, but it seems to me that the training
guide might be more detailed than the user guide. The training guide will
certainly include training objectives or desired training outsomes, along
with practice exercises. It might also include the reasoning, or rationale
behind a procedure or why steps are done in a certain order. Evewn though an
instructor will be present in class, the student should be able to derive
much of the information through self-study.

IMHO,

Marc

I thought something like - Training guides include
less ref info (explaining buttons and functions etc.,
since you're likely to include that verbally in the
class) and more step by step with specific examples.
Regular user guides have more ref info and the step by
step tasks may or may not be real examples.

TECH*COMM 2000 Conference, Help Technology Conference, and more
http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230