Lotus Notes 'UN"-Help Was RE: Moving from MS Outlook 97 to Lotus notes R5

Subject: Lotus Notes 'UN"-Help Was RE: Moving from MS Outlook 97 to Lotus notes R5
From: edunn -at- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:24:48 -0500

Nice to see someone's paying attention. But I'm afraid from a Notes release 4.6
perspective, the 'help' files/system sucks big time.
I'm happy to hear that work has gone into the R5 version because anything would
be an improvement.

I actually once used Notes little "if you have access to the internet and would
like to comment on the help files" feature. Never did get a response or
acknowledgement of my email, but I wasn't terribly flattering either ;-).

The idea of placing requests for feedback by email in help files struck me as a
good one. If well implemented, a small icon or line of text, when clicked, can
allow the user to directly query/comment to the documentation/customer/tech
support group. The support group would then be provided with such info as:
serial number, release version, help file location, and items navigated
previously in the help file. This would provide invaluable information to
improve both the content and the navigation aids.

Eric L. Dunn

TECH*COMM 2000 Conference, Help Technology Conference, and more
http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230