Context-sensitive Webhelp, really basic questions. or are they?

Subject: Context-sensitive Webhelp, really basic questions. or are they?
From: Sanjay Srikonda <SSrikonda -at- invlink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 12:07:11 -0500

Hi,

I've worked with a variety of help formats over the years, but have never
been tasked to create context-sensitive Webhelp. I have a single (large)
HLP project which I imported into RoboHTML 2000. I can see all the
context-sensitive IDs in RoboHTML, and when I generate the WebHelp files,
how does the HTML application files reference both:

Screen-level HTML help files
context-sensitive (field-level) HTML help files

We've contracted with an outside firm to do this and as I'm not as involved
in this process as I'd like to be, I'll be passing this information on
second-hand. I've looked through the ROBOHTML.CHM file, and gotten quite a
few hits, but I'm just plain confused as to what needs to be done. I've
linked to the MSDN which is referenced as a link in the RoboHTML.CHM file
"for more information" but the link takes you to a non-existent link on the
MSDN.

I think I'm looking for a simple way to explain:

1. How do I implement my existing HTML files generated from RoboHTML to be
referenced by the application HTML files?

2. What do I have to pass the application HTML files to call both the
Screen-level and field-level HTML files that are generated from the RoboHTML
program?

TIA,

sanjay

TECH*COMM 2000 Conference, Help Technology Conference, and more
http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230