RE: And finally, the sign-off was...

Subject: RE: And finally, the sign-off was...
From: BMcClain -at- centura -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:59:23 -0500

And I second the tracking system. Programmers and SMEs grok it well, It's
also a terrific way to deal with those non-face-to-face contacts with your
technical sources/reviewers. It's easy to set up, too. It can be as simple
as a table with columns Priority, Date, Page, Issue, Change, Initials.

If things start getting Machiavellian, be sure to put time/date-saved and
time/date-printed "stamps" in the change-log document (reply offline for
advice on doing this in Word) and save snapshot copies out of harm's way.

Bill McClain
("Writers are always selling somebody out." - Joan Didion)