collecting dust

Subject: collecting dust
From: Mark Nelson <MCN -at- cc -dot- usu -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:25:45 -0700 (MST)

Hi everybody,

As aspiring technical writers, many members of our student chapter of STC are
looking for ways to learn more software. Sometimes just a little exposure or
practice on an application is enough to be able to pick it up again later.

With the budget constraints of education, we are exposed to few software
applications. While the ones we have are some of the most common, having access
to a wider variety of apps to practice on would be quite beneficial.

My question:

What do practicing professionals do with their old software?

a) sell it on EBAY
b) hold a garage sale
c) donate it to local STC chapters
d) put it in a time capsule
e) throw it in the trash.

Is there any way to find older software that professionals don't use after they
upgrade to the 'latest and greatest' stuff?

Thanks for the help!

Mark Nelson
Utah State University
mcn -at- cc -dot- usu -dot- edu