RE: Process kills the dot.com

Subject: RE: Process kills the dot.com
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 00 11:27:08 -0500

Stephen -dot- MacDonald -at- Aspect -dot- com wrote:
<snip>
>Here we go again. This post is not about process at all. It's about
>Andrew's overwhelming need to be right, but this example proves nothing
>except that if you expect the directions for using a hammer to tell you how
>to build a house you're gonna have a problem.

I believe that the original article was not only about process gone bad, but
lack of direction on management's part, as well as consultants run amok
(gasp).

Having recently left the consulting world to work direct, I do realize that
billing is often the "be all and end all". However, there comes a point, at
least there did for me, when a consultant should consider the client's needs
first, over that of their consulting firm's needs for billable hours.
Personally, if a project I was working on did not look like it was going to
benefit the client, I'd say something - to both the client and my firm.

But that's me. And that's why I'm working direct again too.

jarnopol