Being a writer on opiates

Subject: Being a writer on opiates
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:01:06 -0500

You guys all have some prejudice that is somehow warped, probably from reading
too much bunk in newspapers.

I get migraines, guess what? I take opiates. Uh-huh! Imagine that! And you know
what, I WORK while ON opiates. I work pretty well on opiates as well. Now mind
you, I didn't 10 years ago when I started opiates, then I just slept, but now
that my body knows what to do with the chemical it does it and makes me work
more effectively then if I had unilateral pain running down the side of my head
from my migraine.

Guess what? My friend Scott, now missing in a Colorado avalanche, used to work
tanked, yup! he drank all day while he worked, he could bike 50 miles a day and
crank out a 50 pages for a manual in the afternoon--drunk. And it was good, a
bit poetic, but that's his style, sober or not.

I could continue on, and on, and on, with this diatribe, but my point is, I
agree with the first guy who said that someone who is VERY tired from being up
all night with baby is impaired the same way someone stoned is. And some people
work BETTER altered. It's just a fact of reality.

And yes, I take drug tests! I even list my arsenal of meds and they never have
any problem with it, even though all of my meds do some mucking up in the grey
matter.

--
Michele

uses opiates, and still can put together half a web site!
http://www.krautgrrl.com