RE: In Reference to Drug Testing

Subject: RE: In Reference to Drug Testing
From: "Wally Glassett" <wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:18:47 -0700

Tracy:

In my very limited experience with drug testing (twice), they do not tell
you what they are testing for. They do ask if you are taking any
prescription or other OTC medications that might mess up the test results.

IMO, while this whole issue may well be rational (most employers just want
to protect themselves from liabilities that could arise from having
substance abusers in the workplace), it is still distasteful and I hope some
better way will be found before too long. Like having it done by your family
doctor and kept on file so an employer could call, or something like that.
The places I've been sent to were very cattle car like, did not inspire
confidence that my sample couldn't get mixed up with someone else's, and in
one case the offices were full of people that, frankly, made me
uncomfortable and I'm a healthy 6'4.

Wally Glassett
Tech Doc-It, Inc.
wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net