the OTHER test

Subject: the OTHER test
From: "Rock, Megan" <Megan -dot- Rock -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:00:01 -0400

I just wanted to clarify, before I totally offend people, that I wasn't
suggesting in my early post that people who dislike drug tests have
something to hide, thus the reason for their aversion. I understand the
privacy issues, the risk of false positives, and the rest. I was simply
(there's that word again!) speaking on behalf of myself and expressing my
personal opinion on the matter.

I have Internet-based e-mail, I've purchased and auctioned things online, I
allow my browser to accept cookies, and I'm sure that for the right amount
of money, a private investigator could find out an awful lot about me.
Heck, do you know how many places require you to jot down your SS number
these days? To take grant-based training on site with my company, I have to
sign into the class and include my home address and SS number on one of the
forms. THAT is of far more concern to me than the pee test I took over
three years ago.

Megan E. Rock
Technical Writer
megan -dot- rock -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com

All views expressed are entirely my own and are not necessarily shared by my
friends, co-workers, or employer.