Am I experienced?

Subject: Am I experienced?
From: Martha Silverspring <silverspring9235 -at- go -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:12:37 -0700 (PDT)

After years of doing writing at my various jobs, I got my first 'real' job in technical writing 6 months ago. At the same time, I started a freelance contract.
Now my department has been "reorganized" (eviscerated). The options we've been offered are starting to look like jive and I may need to look for another day job (the contract is still going).
The place I've been working during the day has paid me very well.
How much experience can I legitimately claim? Does 6 months of simultaneously working two jobs add up to a year?
(Sure feels like it!) Can I expect commensurate big bucks? All feedback is gratefully accepted.
Martha