RE: Contracting on the side...ethical?

Subject: RE: Contracting on the side...ethical?
From: "Ward, Curtis (DBS-CLT)" <curtis_ward -at- dbs-systems -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:27:01 -0400

The first thing you need to consider is whether you have a no-compete
contract with your present employer and if doing this contract work violates
that. Is this other company a direct competitor? If so, you shouldn't take
the job. If not, it probably isn't a problem.

Your company may also have specific guidelines about "extracurricular "
work. You need to investigate that as well. Personally, I would have a
discussion with the appropriate authority in your company and see how they
feel about it.

Curtis Ward
curtis_ward -at- dbs-systems -dot- com